New Mexico CowBelles
Pat Nowlin Memorial Scholarship
- 1. The Pat Nowlin Memorial Scholarship is available to a current paid member of the New Mexico CowBelles, including junior members, or a child or grandchild of a New Mexico CowBelle. Returning college upperclassmen or adults returning to college or a trade school must also be a member of the New Mexico CowBelles in order to apply for the scholarship.
- 2. Two $500 scholarships will be awarded to two graduating high school seniors and two $500 scholarships will be awarded to college upperclassmen or adults returning to school. The scholarship amounts are contingent upon available funding.
- 3. The scholarship will be awarded as a cash award in the form of a check issued directly to the recipient once a copy of the official class schedule is received by the state scholarship chair. The scholarship award may be used for educational purposes as needed.
- 4. Previous scholarship recipients may reapply and receive the scholarship only one additional time.
- 5. Applicants will not be disqualified because of sex, race, color, creed or religious beliefs.
- 6. The application form must be completed in full, with all attachments, including the New Mexico CowBelle local verification form, transcript and photo, at the time of submission.
- · New Mexico CowBelle Local Verification Form must be completed and signed by the sponsoring New Mexico CowBelle local president and secretary. Applicants should allow time for their scholarship form and attachments to be reviewed by the CowBelle local at a slated meeting.
- · A small photo must be included for publicity purposes.
- · Graduating high school students and college upperclassmen must provide a current high school transcript, home school record of courses, or college transcript last attended with this scholarship application.
- 7. Scholarship application and all required attachments must be postmarked or received by email no later than April 15th. Incomplete applications will not be considered. CowBelle locals may wish to set an earlier deadline for applications in order to meet the above state deadline.
- 8. Submit applications to the NM CowBelle Scholarship Chair via mail or email.
- Shelly Hathorn
- NM CowBelle Pat Nowlin Scholarship Chair
- 112 Scottsdale Drive, Clovis, NM 88101
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org